Thursday, February 5, 2015

Online Dating

So, I joined an online dating site.  I'm not going to say which one and if you are my friend and you know, well, keep it secret ok?

Anyway, is it really this hard?  Geez.  I've been checking people out all night long,  I've answered questions from the ones who've messaged me and I've spent countless hours trying to figure out what to really say about...Me.

Do I message back a guy who's a big hurricanes fan but wants someone to go snow skiing with?  I mean, honestly, I refuse to snow ski.  I do.

But I finally decided, I don't want to be alone.  I want someone to come home to.  To talk about my day with while cooking and sharing a bottle of wine.  I want to argue about which movie to see or which restaurant to go to.  I want to put my feet up on the couch, with my ipod and kindle while he watches UFC and doesn't expect me to watch with him (because I DON'T CARE!).

I did learn a new word tonight.  I deleted him.  If you really want to know, go here.  It's not cool. I'm not going to discuss it.  Seriously, this is NOT why I'm doing this.

So far, I have responded to 12 men.  They are all different.  From each other and from me.  I really think that I have to get over this pickiness I have.  I can't expect perfection when I am so far from it.  But standards, I do have some.

Have a job that you love
Have hobbies that you can enjoy by yourself.
Be knowledgeable about the world we live in.
Don't like things because everyone else says they like them.
Understand that I love my dogs.  And I love being a volunteer with rescue.  It's not just going to stop.
I like being warm.
I'm not a huge fan of TV.  If you like it, fine.  I'll read while you watch (I've actually dated someone who got pissed about this.  I was cool with him watching anything he wanted.  He wasn't cool with me not paying attention to what he was watching).
Love food!  Love wine!  Love beer!  Let's taste together.

But seriously, I've sat down and thought about it on my own, talked with friends, talked with my therapist and I don't want to do this alone anymore.  I don't crave marriage and babies but the loneliness, it really sucks.

So this is my option at this point in my life.

Can I get more filters please?????

No comments:

Post a Comment