Thursday, June 1, 2017

Review: Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone

Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Surprising Appeal of Living Alone by Eric Klinenberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



View all my reviews



I don't feel so bad now.

I love living alone. I didn't automatically choose it years ago but now that I'm here, at 45, living on my own, I relish it! As I've aged, I've learned to endure peace at any opportunity. I don't always turn the TV on and have gone weeks not turning it on. I sit and read in silence and I'm Okay with it.  I love the silence. When you have a job like mine where you are constantly inundated with phone calls and conversations around the cube you work in, silence at home, is golden.

For the most part, I do what I want, when I want. I've even started eating out more often (by myself) and going to movies (by myself).

In some ways living alone has changed me. I do get highly sensitive around noise and crowds.Sometimes, I have to just run away when it gets to be too overwhelming.

I do worry about getting even older though. I have no children, no spouse, no "other family" to help me out if or when anything should happen to me. My dog? Not much help there. Hah!

At this point in my life, I doubt it changes. I'm not seeking to change my situation either.

I love this solo life!

No comments:

Post a Comment