Sunday, April 23, 2017

Coffee, Rain & Books

I have a T-shirt that says that and I wore it all day yesterday.

It rained today.

Also, I didn't wake up until 1:30 today.  Not because I was tired or hungover or anything like that.  It seemed as though every  time I did actually "wake up" I could hear it pouring down rain.  Can't walk a dog in that mess. Especially not my dog. He's a diva dog!

So at 1:30, I finally jumped out of bed and proceeded to make a pot of coffee. I fed the dog, then took him outside where he peed but he wasn't going to do much more than that.  He turned right around and went back up the steps towards home, and no rain.

I sat down with my first cup of coffee and got back to reading Strangers In Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right by Arlie Russell Hochschild. A deeply depressing book I might add.  Perfect for a rainy day like today!

Bleecker thought it was a perfect day for us to do nothing more than drink coffee, listen to the rain, read books and snuggle on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment