Friday, February 10, 2017

What I'm reading

I thought I would do updates on books that I am currently reading because I read a lot and because the reviews will be coming in.

This week saw a bunch of books come off of hold at the library so I have 12-14 days to read 13 books.  The odds aren't good I am afraid but I will do my best. Some others are my own. Yes, still a lot of books.

It was a weird sort of week that saw several books I'd been waiting for at the library become available (Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi, The Bees by Laline Paull, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain).

Still others were titles I'd read about on book reviews, in blogs and apps like Litsy (The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson.

A book my sister read and liked, The Night Gardner by Jonathan Auxier.

Three book club books (one I already had was The Awakening by Kate Chopin and another Paula McLain, Circling the Sun was available at the library and I couldn't believe it! Also, Kindred by Octavia E Butler on Audiobook. I love listening to books while driving).

For learning material I chose: $2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America by Kathryn EdinH. Luke Shaefer, and Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich. 

Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey, The Turner House by Angela Flournoy Because they just sounded interesting and were available

A Book Riot Reading challenge book, Changing Planes by Ursula K. Le Guin (read a collection of stories by a woman).  

Oh and The Culture Clash: A Revolutionary New Way to Understanding the Relationship Between Humans and Domestic Dogs by 

No comments:

Post a Comment